Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Moby <mo...@mobsternet.com> on 2004/10/05 20:17:33 UTC

subversion 1.08 RPMS for SuSE and the latest performance patch

Hello Peter, I just tried your latest RPMs for subversion (1.0.8 with the
subversion-1.0.8-r11211-ra_dav-performance.dif patch).  Installing from either
your binary RPMS or source RPMs produces the following error when I try to start
up apache afterwards:

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol:
svn_repos__fs_revision_proplist

However, if I install your src RPM, then go into the BUILD directory and
manually run configure, make, and then make install (I do this after having done
rpmbuild against your build script, so my build directory is populated), then
everything works fine, including the patch, and the performance issue no longer
arises.

Thanks for all your good work, it is very much appreciated,
--
--Moby

deserve neither liberty nor safety.  -- Benjamin Franklin

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a
Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not
a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.  --  Pastor
Martin Niemöller

Re: Deleting a revision

Posted by Patrick Smears <pa...@ensoft.co.uk>.
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Bryan Donlan wrote:

> > Of course I could change the passwords , etc but I would also like to
> > delete the history from the repository.
> >
> > Is there anyway to do this (easy _or_ hard)?
>
> You can delete all history before some revision by dumping that repo
> from that revision on, then loading it into a new one:
> svnadmin dump -r 3:HEAD oldrepo > dumpfile
> svnadmin create newrepo
> svnadmin load newrepo < dumpfile
>
> All the revision numbers will be shifted down by two (e.g. r5 becomes
> r3), and revisions before 3 will be inaccessible.

If you preferred, you could probably also edit the passwords out of the
dumpfile (replace "changeme" with "********" or something; I'd guess it
would have to be the same length) - that way you can keep the history but
still remove the offending information...

Patrick

--
The easy way to type accents in Windows: http://www.frkeys.com/

Re: Deleting a revision

Posted by Bryan Donlan <bd...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:31:32 +0100, Glen Barnes <ba...@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this isn't something that you _should_ do under normal
> circumstances but I need to know how to delete the history of a file up
> until a certain revision. What happened was that I committed a settings
> file that some login details under a username/password field. I updated
> the file in revision 3 to use a generic username/password for when I
> distribute the application. However before I think about opening up the
> subversion repository for others to browse I'd like to delete the old
> references if I could.
>
> Of course I could change the passwords , etc but I would also like to
> delete the history from the repository.
>
> Is there anyway to do this (easy _or_ hard)?

You can delete all history before some revision by dumping that repo
from that revision on, then loading it into a new one:
svnadmin dump -r 3:HEAD oldrepo > dumpfile
svnadmin create newrepo
svnadmin load newrepo < dumpfile

All the revision numbers will be shifted down by two (e.g. r5 becomes
r3), and revisions before 3 will be inaccessible.

--
bd

Deleting a revision

Re: subversion 1.08 RPMS for SuSE and the latest performance patch

Posted by John Rousseau <JR...@novell.com>.
I downloaded the 1.0.8-1.1 RPMs this morning from
ftp.suse.com/pub/projects and installed them on my SuSE 9.1 server. No
issues on the restart.

moria:/home/jrousseau # rpm -q -a | grep apache
apache2-doc-2.0.50-0.1
apache2-2.0.50-0.1
apache2-prefork-2.0.50-0.1
moria:/home/jrousseau # rpm -q -a | grep subversion
subversion-cvs2svn-1.0.8-1.1
subversion-viewcvs-1.0.8-1.1
subversion-1.0.8-1.1
subversion-server-1.0.8-1.1