Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Alexandre Gay <ag...@sysdeo.com> on 2003/03/24 15:42:50 UTC

Rewrinting url

Hi,

I want to use url Rewriting in Jetspeed. For thise i use the portle WebSurfPortlet like following :

<portlet-entry name="WebSurfPortlet" hidden="false" type="abstract" application="false">
     <classname>com.sysdeo.jetspeed.test.modules.actions.portlets.WebSurfPortlet</classname>
     <parameter name="dont_remove_applet" value="yes" hidden="true"
     cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
</portlet-entry>
 <portlet-entry name="ApplicationWithPortlet" hidden="false" type="ref"
        parent="WebSurfPortlet" application="false">
        <classname>com.sysdeo.jetspeed.test.modules.actions.portlets.WebSurfPortlet</classname>
        <parameter name="portletid" value="surf1" hidden="true"
            cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <parameter name="new_url"
            value="http://jakarta.apache.org" hidden="false"
            cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <url cachedOnURL="true">http://jakarta.apache.org</url>
  </portlet-entry>

The goal is too rewrite all url in the page
The Portler WebSurfPortlet is not process url in action like :
<FORM method="POST" action="login.do">

QUESTION 1: Is there new version from WebSurfPortlet who processing form???
QUESTION 2:  Do you know others portlets of Rewrinting????
Thanks a lot
Alexandre

Re: Rewrinting url

Posted by Glen Carl <gl...@buonvia.com>.
We did some work to enhance WebSurfPortlet to handle forms. You can get some of
our work in the proxyPortlets.jar at
http://www.buonvia.com/jetspeed/

Glen

Re: Rewrinting url

Posted by Ozgur Balsoy <ba...@grids.ucs.indiana.edu>.
WebSurfPortlet is not supposed to handle HTML forms. Form fields require
a different rewriting scheme.

Here is another version of WebSurfPortlet what we call WebFormPortlet.
This is not an official release. It requires someother packages not
included in the package, so you can use it to get the idea and develop
on your own.

Ozgur