Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/10 16:07:00 UTC

Google Analytics removal

Hi !

we have set up google analytics on Apache DS web site. It seems that it
might cause issues with the european GDPR rules.

I suggest we remove this feature we don't really use anyway.

wdyt ?

--
*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50

Re: Google Analytics removal

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

On 12/02/2022 08:48, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> +1
>
> However I don't see that we use GA. It seems it has been removed long
> time ago [1].

Possibly. I haven't checked I justr remember we had it set up in the
past. I was looking at MINA web site and I sent this mail to directory
at the same time.

> Only the privacy policy [2] still states that we'd use it so we should
> remove that paragraph.
>
> The privacy policy also mentions that we use tracking cookies which is
> not true, we don't set any cookie, so we can also remove that part, right?

Right.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
+1

However I don't see that we use GA. It seems it has been removed long
time ago [1].

Only the privacy policy [2] still states that we'd use it so we should
remove that paragraph.

The privacy policy also mentions that we use tracking cookies which is
not true, we don't set any cookie, so we can also remove that part, right?

Best regards
Stefan

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/zspxxjhr5vw9kbr8hposn85ym6sfz485
[2] https://directory.apache.org/privacy-policy.html

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Feb 10, 2022, at 10:07 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> we have set up google analytics on Apache DS web site. It seems that it might cause issues with the european GDPR rules.
>
> I suggest we remove this feature we don't really use anyway.
>
> wdyt ?

Fine by me.  I haven’t viewed its stats in years.

—
Shawn

Re: Google Analytics removal

Posted by Radovan Semancik <ra...@evolveum.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Removing GAFAM dependency is always a good thing.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect