Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dustin Sallings <ds...@2wire.com> on 2003/07/03 02:00:53 UTC

Resource problem displaying validator error arguments

	Hello *,

not a resource), but the message itself is coming out of the resources
just fine.

	I'm having a problem I'm presently unable to figure out.  I've got the
following validator rules:

         <field property="serialNumber" depends="maxlength,biginteger">
           <arg0 key="fields.serialNumber" resource="false" />
           <arg1 name="maxlength" key="${var:maxlength}"
resource="false"/>
           <var>
             <var-name>maxlength</var-name>
             <var-value>12</var-value>
           </var>
         </field>
         <field property="snDirection" depends="required,mask">
           <arg0 key="fields.serialNumberPart" />          <var>
             <var-name>mask</var-name>
             <var-value>^(start|end)$</var-value>
           </var>
         </field>

	Relevant resource properties are as follows:

errors.biginteger={0} does not contain a valid number.
errors.invalid={0} is not valid.

fields.serialNumber=Serial number
fields.serialNumberPart=Serial number part

	The first one uses a validator I implemented that verifies the input
can be converted to a big integer.  The second is using mask.  Both of
these are correctly doing their validation, however, both of them
return null for arg0.

	html:errors produces the following when the input is not valid:

null does not contain a valid number.
null is not valid.

	What could I have possibly done to accomplish this?

	Same thing on 1.1rc2 and 1.1.

	Thanks.

--
Dustin Sallings

Re: Resource problem displaying validator error arguments

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hi Dusty, I have a similar problem as well. I'll be interested in any
replies. Out of curiosity, what are you using BigInteger for?

Adam