Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by llama-king <p....@albourne.com> on 2012/10/11 09:57:57 UTC

Howard's Tweet About Bootstrap

Howard M. Lewis Ship @hlship
Beginning to convert #tapestry5 from ugly default CSS ℅ me, to pretty CSS ℅
@twbootstrap
5:51 PM Oct 5th

Now this is great! For home projects I run with trsvax's  tapestry-bootstrap
<https://github.com/trsvax/tapestry-bootstrap>   and at work we run with
sub-sets of bootstrap for various pages and applications including
overriding various old Tapestry styles (such as errors/alerts).

Any word on using bootstrap in LESS while we're at it?

Big, big thanks Howard; bootstrap is so, so ideal for building out CSS right
now. Has saved me bunches of time and helps keep results pretty especially
since I'm no designer (very few of us are). Really looking forward to future
iterations of Tapestry now!

Re: Howard's Tweet About Bootstrap

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
We use the t5connduit with bootstrap with great success. Great library.

Posted by llama-king <p....@albourne.com>.
Hi Cezary,

That sounds fantastic. Will definitely give it a spin as soon as I get a
moment! And I guess LESS is a kind of hit or miss pick and choose kind of
thing at this point so it's very nice to have it as opt-in. Awesome! So all
(most of?) my styling worries dissipate with this. Finally can avoid writing
the same old redundant crap in my main stylesheet again and again.

Thank you so much for this!

Peter

Re: Howard's Tweet About Bootstrap

Posted by Cezary Biernacki <ce...@gmail.com>.