Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/08/11 05:13:16 UTC

change R-T-C rules

I propose we change our procedures to lower the number of +1's required
for code changes during R-T-C, from 3 to 2.  Please vote.

--j.

Re: change R-T-C rules

Posted by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>.
On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 08:13:16PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> I propose we change our procedures to lower the number of +1's required
> for code changes during R-T-C, from 3 to 2.  Please vote.

I'm not convinced that we've been blocked by the review process. Bug
4505 has taken forever to resolve, but it's primarily a lack of
patches for review, or, perhaps it's not been made clear when a review
is needed.

Either way, I don't think the above proposal would have helped us. I'm
-1 (assuming we need a majority; this is not a veto), until I can be
convinced that this would actually speed up the release process by a
meaningful amount. :-)

--
Duncan Findlay

Re: change R-T-C rules

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
I agree with Duncan that I don't see the need for this change as compared to
pushing harder for quick review and staying on the lookout for people we
would like to be committers. The problem I have with the change is that it
makes it easier for us to ignore items that are up for review because it
only requires one person besides the implementer to care about it. When
there is a bit of a crunch because we need reviewers, I think we all feel
more sense of responsibility.

In less than three weeks I'm going from having a full time job plus being a
part time student to being just a full time thesis-only student. Even if I
get into a thesis crunch mode I should have more time for testing and
reviews than I have had during the months leading up to this. That pretty
much compensates for the one vote change.

 -- sidney