Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Gross, Daniel" <da...@intel.com> on 2016/04/13 02:07:45 UTC

performance question

Hi,

I am new to Cassandra.

I am wondering how well does Cassandra perform in e-commerce applications that have large taxonomies for products with many user searchable product attributes; when many concurrent users in fact submit multi criteria searchers for products:

E.g. Shirt, white, size = XL, price <50 USD, short-sleves, etc.

Thanks,

Daniel

Intel Israel (74) Limited

Re: performance question

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Facets can be used, and grouping of results as well, in DSE Search (Solr),
but there are a lot of different approaches that can be used, depending on
the specific user experience you require.

-- Jack Krupansky

RE: performance question

Re: performance question

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: performance question

Posted by Spencer Brown <li...@gmail.com>.
It tends to do very well for that.  Storage and modifications are what is
more expensive..