Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/25 07:52:03 UTC

iBATIS GUI -- In the mean time, try this...

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to remind everyone of Alex Egorov's sql2iBatis tool.
I've recently had the chance to try it.  If you have a database that's
already created, this will save you a lot of time.  It will kickstart
your project.

Given DDL, it generates the SQL Mapping files and the JavaBeans.  It's
super simple and extremely fast.  You may want to tweak the Perl to
generate bean field naming conventions to your liking, or just
refactor it afterwards.   You might also want to run the source
through Jalopy or your favorite IDE formatter to achieve the
formatting you want.

However you cut it, this tool will save you tons of time (even if you
don't use everything it generates...deleting is faster than writing).

http://alxeg.narod.ru/ibatis/index.html

Cheers,
Clinton

Re: iBATIS GUI -- In the mean time, try this...

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@friendvu.com>.
Notice the variation of:
.V
 vs
V.

.V is more OO,as in:
noun.verb();  // the period is  left

I am so silly. I must now refactor to keep one step ahead:
.V( )

--
Forums, Boards, Blogs and News in RiA <http://www.boardVU.com>

Re: iBATIS GUI -- In the mean time, try this...

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
What can we say, it's a cool way to sign your name.  I might start using it too!

I agree with you Vincent.  I want all those things too (if you check
out iBATIS from SF CVS, you'll notice I had even checked in qdox.jar).
 It's just a matter of time.

Cheers,
Clinton

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:12:50 -0700, Brandon Goodin

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,