Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Leif Hanack <le...@t-systems.com> on 2002/04/16 10:51:08 UTC

log4j 1.1.3 or 1.2beta4+?

sorry,

but i thing it is time to ask this question again :-)

when starting a new project, should i use log4j 1.1.3 or 1.2beta4+ ?

what is beta in 1.2 ? is 1.2 stable ?

thanks in advance, leif

--
Leif Hanack

T-Systems GEI GmbH
Advanced eBusiness Solutions (AeBS)
Alt-Moabit 91a, 10559 Berlin
Telefon: (+49 30) 394067-31
Telefax: (+49 30) 394067-99
E-mail:  leif.hanack@t-systems.com
Internet: www.t-systems.com

Re[2]: jmx...

Posted by Max Rydahl Andersen <ma...@eos.dk>.
Hello Ceki,

yes, I know :)

But then just a short description of what it can do - and how one make
it do it :)

Ceki> The JMX support in log4j is not yet complete. It still needs some
Ceki> work...

Ceki> At 09:49 17.04.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>>Hi!
>>
>>I have searched for some info on practical usage of the JMX support in
>>log4j 1.2x, but with no luck.....anyone up with a short
>>"intro"/description ?
>>
>>With hope,
>>Max

Ceki> --
Ceki> Ceki

Ceki> --
Ceki> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
Ceki> For additional commands, e-mail: <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

--
Best regards,
 Max                            mailto:max@eos.dk

Re: jmx...

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
The JMX support in log4j is not yet complete. It still needs some
work...

--
Ceki

jmx...

RE: log4j 1.1.3 or 1.2beta4+?

Posted by Thomas Tuft Muller <tt...@online.no>.
Ceki,

We're currently using 1.1.3 (heavily) and haven't started looking at 1.2. I
understand that there are quite a lot of changes in the new version. Will
the final release include documentation with simple approaches for how to
smoothly upgrade to the newest version?

I guess that would be helpful for several more than yours truly.

Thanx,

--

Thomas

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2002. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this email should be treated in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.

Re: log4j 1.1.3 or 1.2beta4+?

Posted by "Edward Q. Bridges" <eb...@teachscape.com>.
i started a project about a month ago with 1.1.3.

what is the migration path from 1.1.3 to 1.2rc1?

we're using a fairly simple setup (2 fileappenders (one stdout), 1 smtp appender, and
1 syslog appender), and a DOMConfigurator.

best regards
--e--

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:57:33 +0200, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> Leif,
>
> I suggest you use log4j 1.2beta4. Also note that log4j 1.2rc1 will come out
> shortly
> (probably later today).
>
> At 10:51 16.04.2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >sorry,
> >
> >but i thing it is time to ask this question again :-)
> >
> >when starting a new project, should i use log4j 1.1.3 or 1.2beta4+ ?
> >
> >what is beta in 1.2 ? is 1.2 stable ?
> >
> >thanks in advance, leif
>
> --
> Ceki