Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com> on 2008/03/27 06:16:31 UTC

Tag easy to fix issues with "newcomer"

Hi all,

I've been looking at some JIRAs on the Apache Derby project and found a
whole set of issues tagged as "newcomer". These issues and improvements
are relatively simple to fix and submit patches for.

I think if a similar tagging for some simple Axis2 issues was adopted,
it would make it easier for the new people who want to join the Axis2
development effort to find a starting point.

WDYT?

Suran.

Re: Tag easy to fix issues with "newcomer"

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Wrong mailing list? :)

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I hope Eric is planning to work hard!

(http://blogs.iona.com/newcomer/)

Paul

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Suran,
>
>  Sounds like a good idea. May be a bit hard to get started though given
>  the existing amount of bugs. could you perhaps help identify some?
>
>  thanks,
>  dims
>

>  On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com> wrote:
>  > Hi all,
>  >
>  >  I've been looking at some JIRAs on the Apache Derby project and found a
>  >  whole set of issues tagged as "newcomer". These issues and improvements
>  >  are relatively simple to fix and submit patches for.
>  >
>  >  I think if a similar tagging for some simple Axis2 issues was adopted,
>  >  it would make it easier for the new people who want to join the Axis2
>  >  development effort to find a starting point.
>  >
>  >  WDYT?
>  >
>  >  Suran.
>  >
>  >  For additional commands, e-mail: axis-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>  >
>  >

>  --
>  Davanum Srinivas :: http://davanum.wordpress.com

Paul Fremantle
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Tag easy to fix issues with "newcomer"

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Suran,