Posted to user@struts.apache.org by k <ja...@netscape.net> on 2003/03/03 19:28:44 UTC

reading data from application.properties (Struts 1.1 RC 1)

Hi, I am having problem reading data in application.properties.

Here is the structure of my struts folder inside tomcat4.1.8

%CATALINA_BASE%/webapps/myproject

-> Some jsp files.
-> META-INF
-> WEB-INF

            ->some struts files as well as web.xml
            ->lib
            ->src
            ->classes

                ->mypackage(named "sung" just in case)
                ->resources

                    ->application.properties.

Whenever my jsp files try to access data(e.g.
error.login.authenticate=Not Authenticated or userName=defaultName)
in application.properties, I get an exception as below.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

and it tells me that to root cause is

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

Is it because application.properties file should be located somewhere else? or should I specify the location
of the application.properties file in struts-config.xml?

I am having no problem starting up Tomcat 4.1.8 though and it does not throw any exceptions when I start tomcat.
But it just

To get that kind of exception, i used this on my JSP file

    <title><bean:message key='login.title' /></title>

inside application.properties file, i assigned login.title=Login Title

But when my servlet that extends Action class accesses
application.properties data, there seems to be no problem though.

I would really appreciate your help
Thank you in advance.