Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Teodoro Megliola <te...@csfs.com> on 2001/12/03 09:05:38 UTC

Security problem with SOAP Java applet

Hello there

I wrote a simple and straightforward SOAP client to access an also simple and straightforward service.

When I deployed the client as a Java applet (I know that this implies downloading the ".jar" files as well, but let's skip this for a moment), I ran into the following exception:

   com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx[org/apache/soap/util/mime/MimeUtils.getUniqueValue]:
   Unable to access system property: user.name

I'm aware that Java applets are not allowed to access this specific system property, so I have 2 question:

 - Why do the SOAP classes actually need this system property at all?
 - Any workaround to handle this?

Thanks
Ted

Re: Security problem with SOAP Java applet

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
Are you using Apache SOAP 2.2?  This is an issue that I believe was fixed in
that version.  If you are using 2.2, perhaps it is fixed in the current
daily build.

Scott