Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by "Rumar, Maksym" <ma...@hpe.com> on 2021/11/24 15:57:54 UTC

Drill Wiki Access

Hi all,

I just found that I can add and edit any page on Drill Wiki. So, it means, that anybody can add and remove anything he would like. What do you think about it? Whether project should have open documentation for all?

As I know, GitHub doesn't support pull requests for the wiki repository, so it's a question of how should look process of changing Drill wiki. What are your thoughts about it?

Regards,
Maksym

Re: Drill Wiki Access

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.
Okay how about we leave write access to the wiki open to the public for
now, and from time to time we review the git log to look for any signs
of bad edits?  So long as we don't detect any such edits, and I think
that it's most likely that we will not get any edits at all from
outside, we can leave it open.  As soon as we see a problem starting we
lock the wiki down...

Re: Drill Wiki Access

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: Drill Wiki Access

[...]