Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by John Morrow <jm...@trustnetworking.com> on 2003/11/04 20:32:10 UTC

xhtml character encoding

Hi,

I am using cocoon 2.1.2 and I need some help getting the xml serializer
to behave like the html serializer. I can demostrate the problem using
the hello-world sample.

If I modify  samples/hello-world/content/hello.xml and insert the code
&#189; as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- CVS $Id: hello.xml,v 1.3 2003/05/07 04:57:13 vgritsenko Exp $ -->

<page>
 <title>Hello</title>
 <content>
  <para>This is my &#189; first Cocoon page!</para>
 </content>
</page>

When I access it as hello.html I get

as hello.xhtml I get

I'm not sure the extra char will appear in this email, however viewing
the page in a browser displays an additional A with a caret in front of
the half symbol.

I would like to output as xhtml but would prefer the output using the
text encoding as in the html example.

Is this possible?

Many thanks,
John.