Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/17 22:57:37 UTC

API Request

I'd like to have a writeTo(Writer) in addition to the current
writeTo(OutputStream) on the Base class.

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: API Request

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
The writer problem is a bit harder and is going to take a little while
to figure out.  This is a quick easy fix that does improve usability.

- James

Re: API Request

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.

Re: API Request

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Re: API Request

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
If there are no objections, I will check in the attached patch that lets
us use a Reader on the parse.

  Reader reader = ...
  Document doc = Parser.INSTANCE.parse(reader, uri, options);

Passing in a Writer on the writeTo methods is harder because Axiom
doesn't support it.  Will look at that on Monday.

- James

Re: API Request

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Writer/Reader (was: Re: API Request)

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I've got reader and writer support implemented.  I'll check it in
shortly.

- James