Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jo...@mapinfo.com on 2002/08/21 19:24:13 UTC

Can't parse Axis-generated client's SOAP request with JDOM

Maybe I'm just missing something here.  I'm trying to use JDOM to parse an
Axis SOAP request which has a body that looks like:

 <soapenv:Body>
  <ns1:renderMap xmlns:ns1
="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MappingService/axis/services/MappingService">
   <mapName xsi:type="xsd:string">mymaps/myworld</mapName>
   <center href="#id0"/>
   <zoom xsi:type="xsd:double">5000.0</zoom>
  </ns1:renderMap>
  <multiRef id="id0" SOAP-ENC:root="0" soapenv:encodingStyle
="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xsi:type="ns2:MyPoint"
xmlns:ns2="urn:services.mapinfo.com">
   <x xsi:type="xsd:double">0.0</x>
   <y xsi:type="xsd:double">0.0</y>
  </multiRef>
 </soapenv:Body>

The issue is that the <center> element has an href to a <multiRef> (which
has the actual data) which is "outside" the <renderMap> element.  When I
try to parse this using JDOM, I would expect to be able to get the <center>
element's <x> and <y> child elements directly, but JDOM says that the
<center> element has no children.

Not sure if this is an issue with how Axis generates multiRefs, or how JDOM
handles them.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards,

--John