Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/18 21:01:04 UTC

Regarding Git

Guys,

I have a query regarding git. I have cloned Hadoop repo as

git clone git://git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git

I want to checkout the latest Hadoop code (1.2.1), but it gives the below
error.

git checkout release-1.2.1
error: pathspec 'release-1.2.1' did not match any file(s) known to git.

How do I get around this?

Thanks,
Praveen

Re: Regarding Git

Posted by Mark Wagner <wa...@gmail.com>.
You'll need to do 'git fetch --tags' to retrieve the tags after cloning.

-Mark

Re: Regarding Git

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.
I have done a

Re: Regarding Git

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Use "git branch --all" To see what branches are there.