Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr> on 2015/11/20 13:49:19 UTC

Karaf 2.4.3 hawtio 1.4.55 apche mod_proxy

Hi
I'm trying to configure hawtio to work through apache mod_proxy

My apache httpd.conf content
And hawtio is installed on servicemix 5.5.1/karaf 2.4.3

on https://localhost:8443/hawtio url hawtio are runing but in apache url
https://localhost:443/hawtio I get a 404 error for the plugin gogo
caused by an invalid url
https://localhost:443/*hawtio-karaf-terminal*/app/js/gogoPlugin.js

is it that I declare one by one all the plugins in the apache conf?
this seems dificult to operate.

How should I configure karaf and proxy for the karaf services is available
on the Apache server?

Thank
A+JYT

Re: Karaf 2.4.3 hawtio 1.4.55 apche mod_proxy

Posted by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr>.
hi,

Thank you for this answer.
As I thought, either appache only serves as a proxy. and I redirects all
URLs to ServiceMix

I can not use it to host static pages.
Regardless, I redirects various services and I have to get all url
individually.

I think the problem is hawtio in main html page.

it follows that the hawtio plugins do not have a url like
https://localhost:8443/hawtio
but https://localhost:8443/plugin-name.
for exemple
https://localhost:8443/hawtio-karaf-terminal
if I understood for each plugin I deploy on ServiceMix, I must enter its URL
in the apache conf and restart it.
pass /hawtio-karaf-terminal https://localhost:8443/hawtio-karaf-terminal

I think this approach is difficult to exploit.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

you can proxy a base URL with all sub-URLs.

Around the same topic, you can take a look on this blog:

http://blog.nanthrax.net/2013/02/load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer/

I hope it helps.

Regards
JB

On 11/20/2015 01:49 PM, sekaijin wrote:
> Hi
> I'm trying to configure hawtio to work through apache mod_proxy
>
> My apache httpd.conf content
> And hawtio is installed on servicemix 5.5.1/karaf 2.4.3
>
> on https://localhost:8443/hawtio url hawtio are runing but in apache url
> https://localhost:443/hawtio I get a 404 error for the plugin gogo
> caused by an invalid url
> https://localhost:443/*hawtio-karaf-terminal*/app/js/gogoPlugin.js
>
> is it that I declare one by one all the plugins in the apache conf?
> this seems dificult to operate.
>
> How should I configure karaf and proxy for the karaf services is available
> on the Apache server?
>
> Thank
> A+JYT

Jean-Baptiste Onofré