Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Talha Oktay <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/21 14:44:22 UTC

svn:external newbie question

Hello,

I have a project lets say under a url    $HOME/svnrep/projectA/trunk.

I would like to include code from other project  from the
$HOME/svnrep/projectB/trunk.

I would like to put them in the same directory.

I have checkout the project A trunk lets say to projectA_wrk

I try to say that whenever I checkout projectA  bring the files from
projectB into same directory where I checked out projectA.

But svn:external property forces me to put projectB under a subdirectory of
projectB which I do not want to.

svn:external property forces me to give a relative path to projectB. Does
not accept "." or ".." in the path.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: svn:external newbie question

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 21, 2006, at 15:44, Talha Oktay wrote:

> I have a project lets say under a url    $HOME/svnrep/projectA/trunk.
>
> I would like to include code from other project  from the $HOME/
> svnrep/projectB/trunk.
>
> I would like to put them in the same directory.

Not gonna happen with svn:externals. With externals, your included
code will be in its own directory.