Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Olivier H. Beauchesne" <ol...@olihb.com> on 2009/07/01 20:28:00 UTC

[s2] s:url includeParams and StrutsTypeConverter

Hi,

I'm using a StrutsTypeConverter to convert Date objects into localized
formatted strings to switch between locals. It works really well with
<s:textfield> but not with <s:url> tags. The parameters don't pass
through the StrutsTypeConverter like the fields. I'm using a
xwork-conversion.properties to convert all java.util.Date objects.

Is this a bug or a known limitation? If so, is there a workaround?

Also, when I tried to restrict the conversion to an action, it didn't
work because my converter would receive the dates from the fields but
also a string with "templateDir" inside of it. When I returned an
exception and/or a null value, struts crashed saying I had specified a
null value and it couldn't find the template field. Surely, it must be a
bug?

I'm using 2.1.7.

Thanks,

Olivier
P.S.: english is my second language, so forgive me.

Re: [s2] s:url includeParams and StrutsTypeConverter

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
It looks like a bug, can you create a ticket with the details?

thanks
musachy

Posted by "Olivier H. Beauchesne" <ol...@olihb.com>.
Hi,