Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Tuong Truong <ir...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/04/06 22:05:16 UTC

AMS and Grafana password management

Hi,
It seems like there is a disconnect on AMS and Grafana password  management.   Based on my experience, the Grafana admin id/pw is initially set by AMS at install time.  After that, it seems Grafana take over  user mangement including the Grafana admin id/pw.

The process of changing Grafana id/pw seem be:
1.  Change in Grafana admin UI2.  Update in AMS config to the new id or pw set in Grafana

Changing just in AMS config only will cause AMS to fail to start/stop Grafana.
I can't seem to find any doc on this.  Can someone like  Aravindan who did the Grafana integration comment on this? Respectfully,
Tuong

Re: AMS and Grafana password management

Posted by Tuong Truong <ir...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for the URL, Prajwal.  I am using Ambari 2.4.2, and my quick search did not hit that page.
 Respectfully,
Tuong

    On Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:21 PM, Prajwal Rao <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Tuong,

You can find step-by-step instructions here -
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.5.0.3/bk_ambari-operations/content/changing_grafana_admin_password.html

You do have it right though. After initial setup, any change in Grafana
admin password will need to be done in Grafana UI and then updated on the
Ambari end.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Prajwal