Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/14 21:06:03 UTC

[VOTE] Apache PredictionIO (incubating) 0.12.0 Release (RC2)

This is the vote for 0.12.0 of Apache PredictionIO (incubating).

The vote will run for at least 72 hours and will close on Sep 17th, 2017.

The release candidate artifacts can be downloaded here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/predi
ctionio/0.12.0-incubating-rc2

Test results of RC1 can be found here: https://travis-ci.org/ap
ache/incubator-predictionio/builds/275634960

Maven artifacts are built from the release candidate artifacts above, and
are provided as convenience for testing with engine templates. The Maven
artifacts are provided at the Maven staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepredictionio-1020

All JIRAs completed for this release are tagged with 'FixVersion =
0.12.0-incubating'. You can view them here: https://issues.apache.or
g/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12340591&projectId=12320420

The artifacts have been signed with Key: ytX8GpWv

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1, accept RC as the official 0.12.0 release
[ ] -1, do not accept RC as the official 0.12.0 release because...

Re: [VOTE] Apache PredictionIO (incubating) 0.12.0 Release (RC2)

Posted by Mars Hall <ma...@salesforce.com>.
Sorry I didn't catch this before RC1. Thank you Chan.

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mars Hall <ma...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by Mars Hall <ma...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by Mars Hall <ma...@salesforce.com>.
RC2 is working perfectly.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.
> Actually, I found out that there are complications with having to document
> difference in two versions of binary release.

Agree. Providing the default stack (and document for that) is
sufficient to make it easy to try PredictionIO.

--
Naoki Takezoe

Re: [VOTE] Apache PredictionIO (incubating) 0.12.0 Release (RC2)

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
Actually, I found out that there are complications with having to document
difference in two versions of binary release.

Since getting the release is a bigger priority, I'll go with the default
(2.11 dependencies) and push back providing two versions to next release,
if deemed necessary then.

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mars Hall <ma...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
That should be fine. Chan, the binary distribution package should be
treated the same as what we are doing with publishing Maven artifacts
(classified as convenience binaries by ASF). Instead of going to Nexus,
they need to go alongside the source (i.e. SVN). We will similarly need to
produce PGP signature, MD5 and SHA512 for the binary distribution.

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.