Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rupa N <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/25 15:32:39 UTC

Newbie: SVN using eclipse

Hi,

I have a sandbox repository setup on a Unix server. As a newbie to SVN,
could someone let me know how to setup eclipse and checkout code?

Some SVN commands to checkin code, add commit message etc would also help

Thanks in advance,
Rupa

Re: Newbie: SVN using eclipse

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:32:39AM -0500, Rupa N wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I have a sandbox repository setup on a Unix server. As a newbie to
>    SVN, could someone let me know how to setup eclipse and checkout
>    code?

Have you actively looked for any documentation yourself yet?
There is plenty.

Install guide (with pretty pictures):
http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html

Explaination on where the Subclipse docs are:
http://subclipse.tigris.org/documentation.html

>    Some SVN commands to checkin code, add commit message etc would
>    also help

All described in http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Hope this helps,
--
Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>                 Software Developer
elego Software Solutions GmbH                            HRB 77719

Re: Newbie: SVN using eclipse

Posted by Landon Bradshaw <la...@justleapin.com>.
1) Download and install Eclipse ...
2) In Eclipse ... Help->Software updates->Find and Install ... follow the
instructions for Subclipse
3) Restart Eclipse ...
4) File->New->Project->SVN->Checkout from SVN

that's the nutshell version ... the details will come from reading at
http://subclipse.tigris.org/

RE: Newbie: SVN using eclipse

Posted by "Roth, Pierre" <pi...@covidien.com>.
http://subclipse.tigris.org/