Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2007/04/03 02:39:57 UTC

RE: Best use of language dep. analyzers?

Hi Torsten,

Are you referring to the analyzer in Snowball.Net?  I ported those analyzer
to C# however, since I lack the language understanding, and those analyzers
don't come with a JUnit to port and test in the C# land, I can't confirm if
the port is valid or not.  This is the case for 1.9 as well as for 2.0, I'm
afraid it will remain the case unless if someone with langue knowledge
debugged them.

-- George Aroush

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Snowball is a per language stemmer, this is why you will see classes such as
DutchStemmer.cs, FinnishStemmer.cs, German2Stemmer.cs, ItalianStemmer.cs,
etc.

-- George

Posted by Torsten Rendelmann <to...@gmx.net>.
George,