Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Smith, Johnathan M." <js...@ubspw.com> on 2002/10/17 15:17:04 UTC

How do I change the head and title of the page if I am using stru ts templates?

Re: How do I change the head and title of the page if I am using stru ts templates?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Because you can insert *any* piece into a template dynamically, you
could defer the head to where the template is actually being used.  You
*could* define it as another template - and have different ones setup -
one for each case (according to includes etc) and have the title be
specified as one of the dynamic elements (there are examples of this).

You can nest those puppies!

Another point:  You could define a certain number of slots for JS
includes - or build a tile that expects a list of JS files to include
and iterates over them with the JSTL or something else.

Those are a couple of suggestions.  There are many ways to do this.  A
tile doesn't necessarily need to be a syntactically correct HTML
document.  It will need to be valid once rendered, but not before.

--
Eddie Bush