Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Babu, KameshNarayana (GE, Research, consultant)" <ka...@ge.com> on 2006/03/29 07:52:53 UTC

Hi Experts

Hi Experts,

Iam  a new bie. Iam suppose to select a search engine for my project, which should search from the given URL and display the result.

I should use the search engine in windows OS only. I should not use any other external tool like CGYWIN which is used in NUTCH.

Any expet guidance would be much appreciated .

Thanks

Kamesh

Re: Hi Experts

Posted by "Ranjan K. Baisak" <ra...@yahoo.com>.
For internet searching Nutch is the best tool. But
however as you dont want to use cygwin then you need
to use Lucene in following way.
You need to download whole page and create an index
out of that page. Then use lucene to search offline
content than online.
I have used lucene in this way and I have really got a
good result to search my intranet.
I am not sure whether this would meet your
requirement.

BTW have you tried google api.

- R

--- "Babu, KameshNarayana (GE, Research, consultant)"