Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Luke Forehand <lu...@networkedinsights.com> on 2012/03/06 22:40:37 UTC

override mapreduce compression?

Hello,

Is there a way to run the mahout kmeans program from the command line, with a parameter that will override (and disable) the reducer task compression?  I have tried several different ways of specifying -D parameter but I can't seem to get any options to pass through to the hadoop mapreduce configuration.

Thanks!
Luke

Re: override mapreduce compression?

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
The client can override cluster defaults unless the cluster marks them "final".

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
Aren't hadoop site.xml settings on the driver's client usually
overshadow whatever it is on the cluster? Or you don't have the privs
to change that either?

Posted by Luke Forehand <lu...@networkedinsights.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luke Forehand <lu...@networkedinsights.com>.