Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dewey, John" <jd...@rsasecurity.com> on 2005/07/15 19:06:46 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 with Java 1.42

I want to use Tomcat5.5 with Java 1.42 Does anyone know how to do this?

The release notes
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
provided some clues (see Bundled APIs section when running on J2SE
1.4:). It talks about a compatibility package which I haven't been able
to find on Apache's web site. It also mentions jmx.jar and
xercesImpl.jar which I have located and placed in common/lib. However
Tomcat still refuses to start giving me the following message:
"This release of Apache Tomcat was packaged to run on J2SE 5.0
or later. It can be run on earlier JVMs by downloading and
installing a compatibility package from the Apache Tomcat
binary download page."
As I said before I haven't been able to find the referenced
compatibility package so I'd appreciate a friendly link or instructions.

Thanks.