Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Barry Becker <be...@bluemartini.com> on 2002/09/24 23:14:37 UTC

CSS not Serializable

I have an application where I load my SVG's on server startup, then serialize them to an applet during applet startup.
To do this the SVG dom needs to be serializable. This was the case in 1.1.1, but now that I am trying 1.5b4, I get the following exception:

java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.batik.css.engine.StyleMap
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1148)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1827)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:480)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1214)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1827)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:480)

Can you please make org.apache.batik.css.engine.StyleMap implement Serializable?
This should be a trivial change.

-Barry

RE: CSS not Serializable

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

BB> I have an application where I load my SVG's on server startup,
BB> then serialize them to an applet during applet startup.  To do
BB> this the SVG dom needs to be serializable. This was the case in
BB> 1.1.1, but now that I am trying 1.5b4, I get the following
BB> exception:

BB> java.io.NotSerializableException:
BB> org.apache.batik.css.engine.StyleMap at

[...]

BB> Can you please make org.apache.batik.css.engine.StyleMap implement
BB> Serializable?  This should be a trivial change.

    Have you made this change in a source dist to make sure there
aren't any other new unserializable classes?  If you could do that and
report back depending on the set I'd be willing to make the classes
serializable.

    It is possible that we would be better off rebuilding this
information on the other side of the link but that would be
significantly more work...