Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by kezhenxu94 <ke...@apache.org> on 2019/11/17 15:13:27 UTC

[DISCUSSION] ElasticSearch 7 distribution package formats

Hi the SkyWalking Community, I've opened a pull request[1]
to support ElasticSearch 7 as backend storage, it assembles another
distribution package `apache-skywalking-apm-bin-es7.tar.gz/apache-skywalking-apm-bin-es7.zip`
along with the existed `apache-skywalking-apm-bin.tar.gz/apache-skywalking-apm-bin.zip`,
so I'm wondering whether we should provide two formats for the **new package for ES7 storage**
or only one format is enough, say:

Option 1, distribution packages are:
  apache-skywalking-apm-bin.tar.gz AND apache-skywalking-apm-bin.zip
  apache-skywalking-apm-bin-es7.tar.gz OR apache-skywalking-apm-bin-es7.zip

Option 2, distribution packages are:
  apache-skywalking-apm-bin.tar.gz AND apache-skywalking-apm-bin.zip
  apache-skywalking-apm-bin-es7.tar.gz AND apache-skywalking-apm-bin-es7.zip

the latter requires uploading two formats of the package, what do you think?

Thanks

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/pull/3870

--

GitHub @kezhenxu94
Apache SkyWalking, Apache Dubbo

Re: Re: [DISCUSSION] ElasticSearch 7 distribution package formats

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
I think there is no rule in ASF side. I am not sure, whether tar.gz is
friendly to Window user or not?

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

kezhenxu94 <ke...@apache.org> 于2019年11月19日周二 下午3:26写道: