Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by la...@swedbank.se on 2013/07/23 07:47:38 UTC

Encryption and links

Hi.

I have been implementing the Bouncy Castle encryption support as described in the FOP docs and almost everything works out fine.
What does not work however is the implementation of external links (fo:basic-link - external-destination). In my case the link target will be an Internet URL (e.g. http://x.y.com).

When I try to click on a link in the resulting PDF I will be directed to my default browser but with a "Target not found" message. When inspecting the URL I find that it starts with file:///C:/eclipse.../out/<file:///C:\eclipse...\out\> which is the path to the created PDF. After that there is just a string of hexadecimal characters (encrypted URL I suspect).

However, when turning off encryption and not changing any other parameter, the links will work all right.

I am currently using FOP 1.0 but looked at history of changes for 1.1 I did not see anything relating to this.

I found some information regarding this on Internet from 2008 FOP 0.95 and so my questions are:

Is the bug still there (it seems so)?
Does anybody have a workaround (without hacking the FOP code)?

Regards

Lars Bjerges
zOS & Common Function (Sweden)

Swedbank AB (publ)
105 34 Stockholm
Telefon: +46 (0)8 58 59 43 45
Mobil: +46 (0)70 95 27 774
Email:lars.bjerges@swedbank.se<bl...@swedbank.se>
www.swedbank.se<blocked::http://www.swedbank.se/>

Vi ber dig lägga märke till att detta e-postmeddelande kan innehålla konfidentiell information. Om du felaktigt blivit mottagare av detta meddelande ber vi dig informera avsändaren om felet genom att använda svara-funktionen. Vi ber dig också att radera e-postmeddelandet utan att skicka det vidare eller kopiera det. Trots att vi intygar att e-postmeddelandet och eventuella bilagor inte innehåller virus och andra fel som kan påverka datorn eller IT-systemet där det mottages och läses, öppnas det på mottagarens eget ansvar. Vi tar inte på oss något ansvar för förlust eller skada, som har uppstått i samband med att e-postmeddelandet mottagits och använts.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it. Although we believe that the message and any attachment are free from viruses and other errors that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this message.

Re: Encryption and links

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
The new documentation is here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/pdfencryption.html (at the bottom
it says no external libraries are needed). This was already true for 1.1
but the documentation was not updated. So, yes, there no need for Bouncy
Castle if you use a current JDK. We will investigate the bug with the
hyperlink.

SV: Encryption and links

Posted by la...@swedbank.se.
@luis, I´m sorry i didn't have the possibility to respond earlier but here goes:
#1 I thought that an external provide (e.g. Bouncy Castle) was a prereq (reference to the same documentation link as Mattias specified which seems to be copied from 1.0 docs).
#2 The FO file, the part concerning the link, looks like this:
<fo:block>
  <fo:basic-link external-destination="http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stieg_Trenter" text-decoration="underline" color="blue">Svenska Wikipedia</fo:basic-link>
[...]

Telefon: +46 (0)8 58 59 43 45<tel:%2B46%20%280%298%C2%A058%2059%2043%2045>
Mobil: +46 (0)70 95 27 774<tel:%2B46%20%280%2970%C2%A095%2027%20774>
Email:lars.bjerges@swedbank.se
www.swedbank.se<http://www.swedbank.se>

Re: Encryption and links

Posted by Matthias Reischenbacher <ma...@gmx.at>.