Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Michael L Martin <mm...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/05 16:08:31 UTC

last login time?

Hello,

I'm very new to Apache Directory, and LDAP in general. We would like to
track the last login time and ip address of users. How can we do this
with Apache DS?

Thanks,
Michael Martin

Re: last login time?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
As Shawn said there is not existing way to track last login and IP address.

One idea would be implement your own interceptor [1], in its bind()
method you get both the autenticating user and via the IoSession the IP
address of the LDAP client. But that's ApacheDS specific and not
portable to other LDAP servers.

But it also depends on your system architecture. Do the users directly
authenticate against the LDAP server? Or do you have some other
authentication system that uses LDAP as backend?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/1.4-interceptors.html

Re: last login time?