Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bernard <bh...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/03 20:51:00 UTC

Can we use stateful pages for web sites?

Hi all,

It takes us more time to work around Wicket bugs than the gain of
using Wicket's statefulness.

It is productive to use Wicket's AJAX and passing around IModel
between pages.

But when doing this we get bugs where page links are no longer
bookmarkable even if the pages are in fact bookmarkable.

Wicket gets confused with bookmarkable pages that are not stateful.
See issues:

PageProvider should create a new Page instance if PageParameters are
changed, even if a stored page exists.

Mounted bookmarkable Page not recreated on Session Expiry

Recovery of bookmarkable Page after Session Expiry

PageProvider#getPageInstance() calls wrong Page Constructor if
pageParameters is null

We can't have all pages stateless because any standard Wicket AJAX
needs server state.

I think there is a major issue with
org.apache.wicket.Component#urlFor() which handles pages as
bookmarkable only if they are stateless.

How are you dealing with this?

Regards

Bernard