Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/11 17:43:34 UTC

Release 6.5

Hi,
We have a lot of great improvements coming in 6.5 so I'd like to volunteer
for a new release. I can cut the branch around march 17th in order to let
some time for devs to finish the current issues.
What do you think?

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Oops, I didn’t notice the *obsolete* warning at the top of the ASF Infra Jenkins wiki page I pointed to.  Here’s the modern version (which says basically the same thing): <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Jenkins#Jenkins-HowdoIgetanaccount>.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I plan on including SOLR-10218: The Schema API commands "add-field-type" and "replace-field-type" improperly specify SimilarityFactory params.  I have a patch ready, and I’ll commit later tonight after running all Solr tests.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 that's serious.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steve !

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.
Sure Ishan. I'll wait.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.
Wonderful, thanks Steve !

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

I’ll go set up the 6.5 jobs now.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 6.5

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Hi Jim,

If it’s not too late I’d like to include a one line fix for SOLR-10319: SolrCore "instanceDir" metric not visible in JMX.

> On 11 Mar 2017, at 18:43, jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> We have a lot of great improvements coming in 6.5 so I'd like to volunteer for a new release. I can cut the branch around march 17th in order to let some time for devs to finish the current issues.
> What do you think?

---
Best regards,

Andrzej Bialecki