Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by it...@daimler.com on 2012/09/04 16:15:32 UTC

EXTCDI/CODI: Message: Posibility to use messageContext.message() for a specific componentId?

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to get familiar with the power CODI / EXTCDI gives me as JSF
developer. I'm currently trying to replace an application that sometimes
creates component specific faces messages, e.g.

facesContext.addMessage(<componentId>, <facesMessage>).

I'm trying to achive this by utilizing an injected MessageContext via @Jsf
and @Inject.

However, I've no chance to specify a component Id anywhere. Is this simply
not possible or do I miss something important here.

Thank you very much.

Heiko

--
Heiko Kopp

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.

Re: EXTCDI/CODI: Message: Posibility to use messageContext.message() for a specific componentId?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi heiko,

first of all: welcome @ myfaces!

currently it isn't supported out-of-the-box.
(you would have to implement an own payload-type and a custom
MessageHandler which is aware of the payload-type.)
however, you are welcome to share your (concrete) use-case with us -> we
can think about adding such a feature.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at