Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/03/22 12:49:14 UTC

[Tomcat Wiki] Update of "HowTo" by KonstantinKolinko

Dear Wiki user,

The "HowTo" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo?action=diff&rev1=115&rev2=116

Comment:
Add answer on "How to create a heap dump". There is a link to on "FAQ/Troubleshooting_and_Diagnostics" page

  This will produce a thread dump on standard output, but may not be possible to capture to a file.

+
+ == How do I obtain a heap dump? ==
+
+ See [[http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/MemoryAnalyzer#Getting_a_Heap_Dump|Getting a Heap Dump]]
+ on the help pages of [[http://eclipse.org/mat/|Eclipse Memory Analysis Tool]].
+
+
  == How do I add my own custom MBean to monitor my application within Tomcat 5/6? ==
+
  First of all, you can read [[http://oss.wxnet.org/mbeans.html|this great tutorial]] from Christopher Blunck ( chris@wxnet.org ). I will just add my comments and improvements.

  1. Start your Tomcat and check that you have access to http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy/. It means that JMX is enabled on your Tomcat configuration (if not, check if the following line is in your /conf/server.xml file :   ''<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />''. Otherwise, check the Tomcat documentation to activate it). Let this page opened to check further if your custom Mbean is detected by Tomcat.<<BR>>