Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/05 13:04:53 UTC

Storm metrics are not being logged

Hi,
I have created few CountMetrics in my bolt which I initialize and register
in the prepare method of my bolt. I run my topology on intellij in debug
mode and I have verified that metrics increases. Yet, the reporting seems
to be inconsistent. Sometimes the metrics get logged and other times it is
not the case. What could be the reason which could result in something like
this?

Abhishek Agarwal

Re: Storm metrics are not being logged

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
Bolt execution slowness was indeed the reason. After I increased the
parallelism of bolt tasks, metrics started to get logged.

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hong Jeon <hj...@cornell.edu>.