Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/11 12:59:21 UTC

[Axis2] Having trouble using the documentation for the Maven2 plugins

Hi all,
I need to include the documentation for Axis2 maven2 plugins  to the
Axis2 site as well as to the docs-dist..   These docs are in the
apt(almost plain text) format making it hard to use the plain doc or
to use it to generate html using maven1.

Earlier my plan was to run "mvn site" whithin the maven build and to
use the generated documents. With that I encoutered the following
issues and had to abort the plan.
1. We are shipping the unstyled plain xdocs in the docs distribution.
Including a "mavenified" one breaks the consistency..
2. In the case of generating the site, each of these plugins generate
there own site's with the navigation bars. This makes it impossible to
use them with the Axis2 site.

One temporary solution(for the 1.1 release) is to copy all these docs
to the main xdocs folder and convert them  to the html format.. This
creates replication of the same doc, but I cannot think of any better
solutions at this moment.

Comments??

Thilina

--