Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Just2Click <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/28 15:25:14 UTC

Dynamic Rolling Log file name

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but have been using Log4Net for a while now.
I developed a log4net wrapper that enables my users to set a dynamic rolling
log file name.
Each individual user can customize the rolling log file name through their
web.config or app.config files.

The only problem I still have with this is that the default name I use in my
master configuration file is also created under every application that uses
it. I tried to use the following log4net configuration

			${TMP}\Rolling.txt" />

Please note that I used ${TMP}\ with the file value property so this file
would be created (the default rolling log file) under temporary folders. The
only problem is that this only works on some machines (usually my
development machine) and other machines it doesn't (production server for
example).

Any ideas? Should I ensure that TMP is configured as an environment
variable?

Thanks in advance

Just2Click