Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Benoît Panizzon <be...@imp.ch> on 2021/10/25 08:20:49 UTC

Who operates: CTASD (CommTouch Anti Spam Daemon / Cyren Active Security Daemon)

Hi Gang

I am chasing some issue with email being flagged as spam by the
SpamAssassin CTASD Test run at other ISP, so I have no direct control
over it.

Google found, that his is a daemon used in F-Prot and Sophos Anti-Spam
Products. Probably run by: https://www.cyren.com/

But I can't find that product on their site. So I don't know if they
check the email content, or ip addresses or how I could check if a
specific IP address is in their list.

Does anyone know, how I would verify why a certain email is getting
heavily scored by the SpamAssassin CTASD test?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon- @ HomeOffice und normal erreichbar
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden

Re: Who operates: CTASD (CommTouch Anti Spam Daemon / Cyren Active Security Daemon)

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 25.10.21 11:05, Axb wrote:
>CommTouch, as a product, has been EOL for a decade ago.. or longer.

looks like icewarp mail server does use such service too, but I don't know
much about that.

>Why not contact the ISP, directly?

so far the fastest solution

Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are

Re: Who operates: CTASD (CommTouch Anti Spam Daemon / Cyren Active Security Daemon)

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 10/25/21 10:20 AM, Benoît Panizzon wrote:
> Hi Gang
>
> I am chasing some issue with email being flagged as spam by the
> SpamAssassin CTASD Test run at other ISP, so I have no direct control
> over it.
>
> Google found, that his is a daemon used in F-Prot and Sophos Anti-Spam
> Products. Probably run by: https://www.cyren.com/
>
> But I can't find that product on their site. So I don't know if they
> check the email content, or ip addresses or how I could check if a
> specific IP address is in their list.
>
> Does anyone know, how I would verify why a certain email is getting
> heavily scored by the SpamAssassin CTASD test?

CommTouch, as a product, has been EOL for a decade ago.. or longer. Why
not contact the ISP, directly?