Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Steven D. Arnold" <st...@permanent.cc> on 2000/05/20 16:18:22 UTC

Re: More udat persistence issues

See the forwarded message below, which solves the persistence problem
perfectly. :-)

Lesson:

(1) If Embperl session management is working, it will say so.  I actually
saw the message in error_log:

[Fri May 19 20:47:33 2000] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart
[Fri May 19 20:47:33 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.24
configured -- resuming normal operations
[26799]SES:  Embperl Session management enabled (1.xx)

(2) The key lies in correct settings of (a) Basic embperl settings -- does
embperl work at all?  And (b) correct setting of EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES
and EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS.  If you wish to use a database to store session
info, read Apache::Session::DBIStore.  If you wish to use a file, look at
the FileStore.pm module (which doesn't seem to contain any documentation;
however, Cliff gives an example of how to use it below).

steve

--
Steven D. Arnold          Que quiero sera           stevena@permanent.cc
"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not

RE: Documentation on udat persistence issues

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> See the forwarded message below, which solves the persistence problem
> perfectly. :-)

Steven,
maybe you can take a look at the Embperl documentation and tell me how to
improve it. For me it's seems to be all clear, but you can view it from the
point of somebody you does it for the first time. Could you try to make a
patch to the docs or Faq that summarieses what you just learned?

That would be very helpfull

Thanks

Gerald