Posted to user@struts.apache.org by alex xander <xa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/26 07:31:03 UTC

struts.xml problem

hi, im using struts 2.x
and i have some problem here.
i  break up my struts.xml into smaller piece
when i used struts 2.0.1 it works fine,
but when i change into struts 2.0.6 there is some problem
and here is the problem
my struts.xml
<struts>
    <include file="struts-default.xml"/>
    <package name="default" extends="struts-default">
    </package>
     <include file="struts-pensiun.xml"/>
</struts>

struts-pensiun.xml

<struts>
    <package name="jangkawaktu" extends="default" namespace="/backend/parameter/jangkawaktu">
        <action name="create" class="com.bba.parameter.jangkawaktu.actions.JangkaWaktuForm">
                <result name="success" type="velocity">save.vm</result>
                <result name="error" type="velocity">../../error.vm</result>
        </action>
    </package>
</struts>

and here is the error

[ERROR] ConfigurationUtil - Unable to find parent package default
[ERROR] XmlConfigurationProvider - Unable to find parent packages default
[ERROR] pensiun] - Exception starting filter struts <Error building results for
action save in namespace /backend/parameter/jangkawaktu - action - file:/E:/data
%20kerja/tomcat-pensiunan/webapps/pensiun/WEB-INF/classes/struts-pensiun.xml:14:
91>Error building results for action save in namespace /backend/parameter/jangka
waktu - action - file:/E:/data%20kerja/tomcat-pensiunan/webapps/pensiun/WEB-INF/
classes/struts-pensiun.xml:14:91

i can't resolve the problem, why my struts-pensiun.xml can't find the default package.
 is there something i miss

---------------------------------
Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Re: struts.xml problem

Posted by Niklas Herder <he...@dsv.su.se>.

This is due to a bug in xwork2:
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1635?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_39748

Adam Ruggles skrev:
> Can you confirm that you have struts2-core-2.0.6.jar in you lib folder
> and it contains the struts-default.xml file in the root  folder in the
> jar file.
>
> alex xander wrote:
>> hi, im using struts 2.x
>> and i have some problem here.
>> i  break up my struts.xml into smaller piece
>> when i used struts 2.0.1 it works fine,
>> but when i change into struts 2.0.6 there is some problem
>> and here is the problem
>> my struts.xml
>> <struts>
>>     <include file="struts-default.xml"/>
>>     <package name="default" extends="struts-default">
>>     </package>
>>      <include file="struts-pensiun.xml"/>
>> </struts>
>>
>> struts-pensiun.xml
>>
>> <struts>
>>     <package name="jangkawaktu" extends="default"
>> namespace="/backend/parameter/jangkawaktu">
>>         <action name="create"
>> class="com.bba.parameter.jangkawaktu.actions.JangkaWaktuForm">
>>                 <result name="success" type="velocity">save.vm</result>
>>                 <result name="error"
>> type="velocity">../../error.vm</result>
>>         </action>
>>     </package>
>> </struts>
>>
>> and here is the error
>>
>> [ERROR] ConfigurationUtil - Unable to find parent package default
>> [ERROR] XmlConfigurationProvider - Unable to find parent packages default
>> [ERROR] pensiun] - Exception starting filter struts <Error building
>> results for
>> action save in namespace /backend/parameter/jangkawaktu - action -
>> file:/E:/data
>> %20kerja/tomcat-pensiunan/webapps/pensiun/WEB-INF/classes/struts-pensiun.xml:14:
>>
>> 91>Error building results for action save in namespace
>> /backend/parameter/jangka
>> waktu - action -
>> file:/E:/data%20kerja/tomcat-pensiunan/webapps/pensiun/WEB-INF/
>> classes/struts-pensiun.xml:14:91
>>
>> i can't resolve the problem, why my struts-pensiun.xml can't find the
>> default package.
>>  is there something i miss

- --
Niklas Herder
Stockholms Universitet
Institutionen för data- och systemvetenskap
Forum 100
SE-164 40 KISTA
SWEDEN

+46(0)8-161438

Re: struts.xml problem

Posted by Philip Lorenz <ph...@gmx.net>.
> for sure, i already put struts2-core-2.0.6.jar  in my lib folder
> and inside that, there is struts-default.xml in the root folder
> if i remove my struts-pensiun.xml and put into just struts.xml
> everything work fine.
> is there any bug in this release.
> thx

This seems to be a problem in Struts (I have encountered exactly the same problem).

If you put the contents of of your struts.xml into another file (let's say struts-site.xml) and include that from struts.xml before the other configuration file the package is picked up correctly.

I guess that the configuration data isn't exported by the config loader before another external file is included.

If my workaround works for you I suggest posting a bug report.

Philip

Re: struts.xml problem

Posted by alex xander <xa...@yahoo.com>.

Adam Ruggles <a....@gmail.com> wrote: Can you confirm that you have struts2-core-2.0.6.jar in you lib folder

Re: struts.xml problem

Posted by Adam Ruggles <a....@gmail.com>.

STRUTS 2.0.6 struts.xml problem

Posted by alex xander <xa...@yahoo.com>.
why in struts 2.0.6 i can't extends package from the other file?
for example i have package name = default in struts.xml
in struts.xml i include file struts-xxx.xml
in struts-xxx.xml i want to extend default package but it's error
in struts 2.0.1 it work fine
can any one tell me why

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.