Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by buzlite <bz...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/05 05:24:15 UTC

party can have multiple usernames

Ofbiz permits a party to be issued multiple usernames for login purposes. The
document says that each username can provide the party with different access
to the system.
Could someone give me a practical scenario where this is useful?

As an additional thought, could it be that multiple usenames for a party is
more applicable for the scenario where a party refers to a group and not a
person.

Thanks in advance.

can we host this application inside webapps in tomacat server

Posted by manish <ma...@cevalsoft.com>.
Hi;

can we host this application inside webapps in tomcat server

With Regards,
Manish.K
www.cevalsoft.com

 Go Green
  Print only when necessary.

RE: can we host this application inside webapps in tomacat server

Posted by manish <ma...@cevalsoft.com>.
Hi;

Hi;
Even after removing the white space I am getting same error:

E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\bin>catalina debug
Using CATALINA_BASE:   E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
Using CATALINA_HOME:   E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_12
Initializing jdb...
> run
run org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
VM start exception: VM initialization failed for: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\jre\bin\java -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Dofbiz.home=E:/ofbiz -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\conf\logging.properties
-Xms256M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Djava.endorsed.dirs=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\endorsed
-classpath C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\lib\tools.jar;E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\bin\bootstrap.jar -Dcatalina.base=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
-Dcatalina.home=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18 -Djava.io.tmpdir=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\temp
-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_shmem,address=javadebug54884,suspend=y org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Invalid initial heap size: -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Dofbiz.home=E:/ofbiz

Fatal error:
Target VM failed to initialize.

With Regards,
Manish.K
www.cevalsoft.com

 Go Green
  Print only when necessary.

Posted by manish <ma...@cevalsoft.com>.
Hi;

What I got a new error:

C:\>catalina run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
Using CATALINA_HOME:   E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Java\jre6
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:  -Dofbiz/home=E
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  -Dofbiz.home=E:.ofbiz

With Regards,
Manish.K
www.cevalsoft.com

 Go Green
  Print only when necessary.

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.
Hey,

that sounds fairly easy:

   - you need a public IP address on your "localhost", i.e. an IP Address
   where your server can be reached from the internet.

   - you need a DNS entry for onlineshopping.com pointing to your IP address

These two points will be handled by your ISP or your DNS provider.

   - then you need to make sure your ecommerce mount point is root, not
   /ecommerce:

edit {OFBIZ_HOME}/specialpurpose/ecommerce/ofbiz-component.xml at the
<webapp> element; change the mountpoint attribute from the default
"/ecommerce" to "/", i.e. this then looks like:

    <webapp name="ecommerce"
        title="eCommerce"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/ecommerce"
        mount-point="/"
        app-bar-display="false"/>

That's it :)

Posted by manish <ma...@cevalsoft.com>.
Hi;

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.
Manish,

--

Best

Carsten Schinzer

Waisenhausstr. 53a
80637 München
Germany

RE: can we host this application inside webapps in tomacat server

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.

Posted by manish <ma...@cevalsoft.com>.
Hi;

I have a doubt, is it possible to but the ofbiz application in a server where tomcat is already installed and an application is running in it.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
To me this problem seems to be at line 46.

set JAVA_OPTS="%JAVA_OPTS% -Dofbiz.home=E:\ofbiz"

I do not have Windows environment to test the script. Therefore, I
suggest the following:

Check you do not have spaces in environment variables.

or

Remove the JAVA_OPTS and try using the CATALINA_OPTS instead. It should
not make difference though, just give it a try and see if error changes.

or

Instead of JAVA_OPTS or CATALINA_OPTS, try modifying the command line as
given below:

i. Define OFBIZ_HOME environment variable e.g set OFBIZ_HOME=E:\ofbiz
ii. Modify the command line by adding the -Dofbiz.home=%OFBIZ_HOME%.
Look at how -Dcatalina.home and -Dcataline.base are passed.

Thanks,

Raj

Posted by manish <ma...@cevalsoft.com>.
Hi;

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

manish wrote:
> Hi;
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\subash>catalina run
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Java\jre6
> -Dofbiz/home=E:/ofbiz
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  -Dofbiz.home=E:.ofbiz
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
>
> With Regards,
> Manish.K
> www.cevalsoft.com
>
>  Go Green
>   Print only when necessary.

http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
Systems Integrator.

Re: can we host this application inside webapps in tomacat server

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Dofbiz/home=E

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by manish <ma...@cevalsoft.com>.
Hi;
I got this same bug again

E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\bin>catalina debug
Using CATALINA_BASE:   E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
Using CATALINA_HOME:   E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_12
Initializing jdb ...
> run
run org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
VM start exception: VM initialization failed for: C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\jre\bin\java -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Dofbiz.home=E:/ofbiz -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\conf\logging.properties -Xms256M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSi
ze=512M -Djava.endorsed.dirs=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\endorsed -classpath C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\lib\tools.jar;E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\bin\bootstrap.jar -Dcatalina.base=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18 -Dcatalina.home=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18 -Djava.io.tmpdir=E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\temp -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transpo
rt=dt_shmem,address=javadebug16705,suspend=y org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Invalid initial heap size: -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Dofbiz.home=E:/ofbiz

Fatal error:
Target VM failed to initialize.

With Regards,
Manish.K
www.cevalsoft.com

 Go Green
  Print only when necessary.

manish sent the following on 8/12/2009 12:12 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.

--

Best

Carsten Schinzer

Waisenhausstr. 53a
80637 München
Germany

RE: can we host this application inside webapps in tomacat server

Posted by manish <ma...@cevalsoft.com>.
Hi Carsten Schinzer;

Again I got this error:

run org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
VM start exception: VM initialization failed for:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\jre\bin\java -Xms256m -Xmx512m
-Dofbiz.home=E:/ofbiz
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf\logging.properties -Xms256M -Xmx512M
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\endorsed -classpath C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\lib\tools.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\bin\bootstrap.jar -Dcatalina.base=C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0 -Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0 -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\temp -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_shmem,address=javadebug99833,suspend=y org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.

Posted by SELC Sales Div <se...@bdg.centrin.net.id>.
Hi Manish,

I think your Java jdk CANNOT resolve path C:\Program Files\...
Try to install you JAVA JDK in directory C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\jre\bin...etc
see if there is any changes at error response.

- Charles TJ

-------

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Looks like your heap size JVM argument is not passed correctly to JVM.
try including it inside the double quotes.

Thanks,

Raj

Posted by Ahmed Dini <as...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: party can have multiple usernames

Posted by Ahmed Dini <as...@hotmail.com>.

I think it would help if you have a look at the admin party's usernames.
Remember admin is coincidently a party Id as well as username. One of the
admin party's username is demoadmin, another is flexadmin. There is also
admin and 1. The number 1 is for POS I assume.  Also remeber each username
is associated with one or more security groups. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Ahmed

Posted by Bob Morley <rm...@emforium.com>.
Had a conversation with someone in the office and we came up with two
scenarios ...

a) Based on the document; You have a person that has operations and
administrative permission to the system.  For day-to-day use you would want
them to logon with their operations userlogin (and that more restrictive set
of permissions).  They would only logon with the admin userlogin when they
need to perform administrative functions.

b) Based on your last sentence; you have a B2B application where your
customer is another business but that business has a number of people that
work for them that can place orders for the business.

Posted by Pal InfoCom Technologies <of...@palinfocom.net>.
Yes, ofbiz has the feature that allows the party to login with different
usernames, provided Security Group has to be assigned to each username.
This is beneficial as same person can login with different username and
can associate each username with different secrity group. for example
username as xxx could be assigned with security group CATALOGADMN(Catalog
Admin) and username with yyyy could be assigned with security group
ORDERADMN(Order Admin)

If you need any further support on how to do this, please feel free to email
us at ofbiz@palinfocom.net :-)

--
Best regards,
Ajay S

PIC Technologies,
Mohali

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you have parties and party groups.
You can assigned roles both that all logins share.
Login carry the Security for that login which along with roles
determines access to components in ofbiz.
Only a few should have full admin rights.
also based on the party and or party group, the Myportal is setup for
the most used pages for that party.
a Scenario for a party group would be Acct Dept, Customer support, etc.
under that would be the logins for those.
Party usually only has one login. The security and roles for that login
determine their access and operation they can perform.
You can see the roles in the Data model book Vol 1 page 45 figure 2.6a
Security is like can they Create, UPdate, View, Delete information.

Bob Morley sent the following on 8/7/2009 10:57 AM: