Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeffrey Hellem <th...@phildowd.com> on 2003/01/14 21:42:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Anyone have any suggestions

are there any really "intense" tests i can run against:

mod_perl/1.99_07-dev Perl/v5.8.0
mod_ssl/2.0.43 OpenSSL/0.9.7
DAV/2
PHP/4.3.0
mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0212222223 mod_python/3.0.1 Python/2.2.2
?
any help here would be appreciated. thank you

Re: [users@httpd] Anyone have any suggestions

Posted by Thomas Bolioli <in...@terranovum.com>.
I use Socrates (basic but good) but the testers are only as good as the
hardware they run on. You should use multiple client machines doing as
many client connections as possible. Servers are optimized to respond to
requests while client desktops are optimized to be desktops.
You could also post a story, with lots of pictures, about train/rocket
cams or modded desktops to /. and let them test it for you ;-)

Jeffrey Hellem wrote:

>are there any really "intense" tests i can run against:
>
>mod_perl/1.99_07-dev Perl/v5.8.0
>mod_ssl/2.0.43 OpenSSL/0.9.7
>DAV/2
>PHP/4.3.0
>mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0212222223 mod_python/3.0.1 Python/2.2.2
>?
>any help here would be appreciated. thank you

Terra Novum Research
info@terranovum.com
www.terranovum.com
(617) 923-4132

PO Box 362
Watertown, MA 02471-0362

So I walk up on high,
and I step to the edge
to see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
as the tears roll down.
'Cause it's the world I know.

Re: [users@httpd] Anyone have any suggestions

Posted by Corp <ec...@corp.electracide.net>.
What's wrong with ab?(Im assuming you tried this since it comes with
apache). ab -c 10000 -n 30 $url

Also, is this a production server? Why not run stable versions of these
modules? I have only been on this list a few days, and I have seen almost
everyone who posts to this list with versions of modules that arent
stable, as opposed to the stable versions. If you are worried about
performance then it doesnt make sense to me that you are opting to run
with development versions of modules.