Posted to users@camel.apache.org by user09772 <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/12 21:01:07 UTC

Rss Feed route config

Hey guys,

I'm trying to following to setup a camel route for google news:

from("http://news.google.com/news?output=rss").marshal().rss().to("direct:simple-rss-send");
    	from("direct:simple-rss-send").process(new Processor() {
            public void process(Exchange e) {
                LOG.info("Received exchange: " + e.getIn());
            }
        });

I never receive any messages, any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

thanks.

Re: Rss Feed route config

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 4:59 PM, user09772 <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what I thought I was doing:
>
>    from("rss:myRssFeedURI").marshal().rss().to("direct:simple-rss-send");
>    from("direct:simple-rss-send").process(new Processor() {
>            public void process(Exchange e) {
>                LOG.info("Received exchange: " + e.getIn());
>            }
>        });
>
> I do get the 'Received exchange: " log message.  But the e.getIn().getBody()
> isn't a SyndFeed object.  Please advise...

Remove the marshal rss stuff and you should get the SyncFeed object

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Rss Feed route config

Posted by user09772 <so...@gmail.com>.

Re: Rss Feed route config

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Rss Feed route config

Re: Rss Feed route config

Posted by user09772 <so...@gmail.com>.
Basically I'm trying to retrieve some text from any feed, and run some
processing on it (e.g. add to database, send to another queue etc.).