Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/29 07:14:02 UTC

The Next Apache NetBeans Version Number is: 11.0

Dear all,

It seems the name of the child has been selected. Personally I've
expected the results to be more close to each other.

 From now on please refer to the next version as 11.0 in written form.

The scores (+1, 0, -1):

1. Apache NetBeans 11.0: 20 (23, 3, 3)

2. Apache NetBeans 2019.03: 5 (18, 3, 13)

3. Apache NetBeans 11: -3 (4, 14, 7)

This issue has been finally settled, let's concentrate on the work needs
to be done. Create/Review Pull -Requests, sorting out JIRA issues!
Patching memory-leaks and CPU Burns! Branching for the next release is
going to happen in one week now!

Thank you all !

Laszlo Kishalmi

Volunteer Release Manager of Apache NetBeans 11.0

P.S.:

It was interesting to see how controversial the 2019.03 format was. I
expected it to be much closer behind 11.0, (I've secretly hoped it to win.).