Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paul Simon <wr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/15 13:28:28 UTC

PerlResponseHandler ?

Hi All

Can somebody answer this for me?  Here are two directives for separate directories(1 and 2) to run under ModPerl::Registry (ModPerl::Registry is being called in via a perl startup.pl):

<Location /mydir1>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
    PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
    Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

<Location /mydir2>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
    PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
    Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

I'm wondering, Is it better to create one directive like

<Location /perl>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
    PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
    Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

and put /mydir1 and /mydir2 in the /perl directory?  Is it just a matter of managing directories or is there a memory or performance issue? I'd prefer to use the separate directive approach, but I want to make sure it's not causing extra overhead.

Thanks

Re: PerlResponseHandler ?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Paul Simon wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Can somebody answer this for me?  Here are two directives for separate
> directories(1 and 2) to run under ModPerl::Registry (ModPerl::Registry
> is being called in via a perl startup.pl):
>
> <Location /mydir1>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
>     PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
>     Options +ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> <Location /mydir2>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
>     PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
>     Options +ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> I'm wondering, Is it better to create one directive like
>
> <Location /perl>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
>     PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
>     Options +ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> and put /mydir1 and /mydir2 in the /perl directory?  Is it just a matter
> of managing directories or is there a memory or performance issue? I'd
> prefer to use the separate directive approach, but I want to make sure
> it's not causing extra overhead.

whichever way you prefer is fine. when <Perl> sections will be ported
things will be even easier.

I doubt there is any significant speed difference. If still in doubt --
benchmark.