Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> on 2008/01/11 10:20:21 UTC

[java] Profiler

Hi,

Our project can get a JProfiler license in exchange for
a link to
http://www.ej-technologies.com/products/jprofiler/overview.html on our
sponsors page.

Please let me know if you want to use this license or if you don't want
us using this product.

Regards

Arnaud

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Rupert,

I think quite a few Apache projects do that.
Like JProfile, IntelliJ, YourKit and several other companies provide
licenses to open source developers.
It would be nice to see what they are. I wonder if there is an apache page
that lists them.
Since we work with .NET it might be nice to see if there are any goodies
from MS.

Regards,

Rajith

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
I've seen it possible.. infrastructure should be able to help on this one

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
Do you find IntelliJ 7 faster than 6? That would be incentive enough to
bother upgrading. (yes, I have already tweaked the GC settings).

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> Arnaud,
>
> One of the conditions for the license is that we don't put that in the
> mailing list or in any public documentation.
> Can we please remove this email from the archive.(Perhaps the mentors can
> help)
> This license is to be used by comitters only (as per the terms and
> conditions of the license).
>
> Rajith

You will now need to remove your email as well, Rajith, as you copied
Arnaud's original text!

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
What a mess. I checked with infra
>From peliminary investigations it has made into nabble and mail-archive.com.
Chances of getting them deleted is nil :)

Regards,

Rajith

On Jan 15, 2008 11:36 AM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2008 4:33 PM, Gordon Sim < gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> > > Sorry, I saw your other email now.
> > > Can one of the mentors help here. We need to get the email with the
> license
> > > key deleted from the archives.
> >
> > There are now *3* mails that need to be deleted!
>
> There's 4 (Arnauds mail, Arnauds reply, and Rajiths 2), and it's hit
> nabble already. :'(
>
> - Aidan
>
> --
> aim/y!:aidans42  g:aidan.skinner@gmail.com
> http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
> "It is no weakness for the wisest man to learn when he is wrong." -
> Sophocles

Rajith Attapattu
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.

On Jan 15, 2008 11:23 AM, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Arnaud,
>
> One of the conditions for the license is that we don't put that in the
> mailing list or in any public documentation.
> Can we please remove this email from the archive.(Perhaps the mentors can
> help)
> This license is to be used by comitters only (as per the terms and
> conditions of the license).
>
> Rajith
>

> On Jan 15, 2008 7:23 AM, Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 11:45 +0000, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> > > I'd like a JProfiler license (although I've already paid for one out
> > > of my own money (sniff!) it's getting a bit out of date now; and
> > > getting access to the new version would be great).
> >
> > Here it is:
> > S-QPID_OPEN_SOURCE_PROJECT#1772330001-1de1nzn1ek214a#022
> >
> > > I should also contact the IntelliJ folks and see if I can get a new
> > > license of IDEA (again to replace the one which I paid for out of my
> > > own purse)... :-)
> >
> > Just request one from the IntelliJ Website. I did it a month ago I am
> > now an happy user of 7.0.2.
> >

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith Attapattu
> Red Hat
> blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Arnaud,

One of the conditions for the license is that we don't put that in the
mailing list or in any public documentation.
Can we please remove this email from the archive.(Perhaps the mentors can
help)
This license is to be used by comitters only (as per the terms and
conditions of the license).

Rajith

On Jan 15, 2008 7:23 AM, Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 11:45 +0000, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> > I'd like a JProfiler license (although I've already paid for one out
> > of my own money (sniff!) it's getting a bit out of date now; and
> > getting access to the new version would be great).
>
> Here it is:
> S-QPID_OPEN_SOURCE_PROJECT#1772330001-1de1nzn1ek214a#022
>
> > I should also contact the IntelliJ folks and see if I can get a new
> > license of IDEA (again to replace the one which I paid for out of my
> > own purse)... :-)
>
> Just request one from the IntelliJ Website. I did it a month ago I am
> now an happy user of 7.0.2.

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Synapse has such a link:

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

There is nothing to worry about. Other projects have done the same.
Check this link.
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/thanks.html
Lets write an email to prc@apache.org as Yoav suggested.

We can then create a page called acknowledgements and we can put there link
with their logo.
We are not endorsing any product, we are only acknowledging their
contribution.

Regards,

Rajith

On Jan 11, 2008 8:15 AM, Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 11/01/2008, Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Yup, something like that.  If you ask prc@apache (the public relations
> > committee, where I'm also a member by coincedence) you'll get a quick
> > approval.
> >
> > On Jan 11, 2008 7:30 AM, Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Something along the lines of: 'we thank company X for their
> contribution of
> > > licences for link_to_product. this acknowledgement does not constitute
> > > endorsement of product from apache'?

> and

> apache@apache.org ?

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Yoav
>
> Wish I had tried that earlier when I was looking at profilers. Your
> Kit was straight forward to get ... no-one here wanted a license hence
> you don't have one just now. As JProfiler wanted us to put a link up
> didn't think we could do that. ah well. roll on a JProfiler licence :)
> --
> Martin Ritchie

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Yup, something like that.  If you ask prc@apache (the public relations
committee, where I'm also a member by coincedence) you'll get a quick
approval.

On Jan 11, 2008 7:30 AM, Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Something along the lines of: 'we thank company X for their contribution of
> licences for link_to_product. this acknowledgement does not constitute
> endorsement of product from apache'?
>
> On 11/01/2008, Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Ask prc@apache.org.  The possible issue is that we don't want people
> > to think Apache officially endorsed one product over many others.
> >
> > But it can be done, you just need to ask about the right language and
> > place to do it.
> >
> > Yoav

> > > Where can we get this type of info? Should we ask apache@apache.org ?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Arnaud
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Yoav

Yoav

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.

Re: [java] Profiler

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Ask prc@apache.org.  The possible issue is that we don't want people
to think Apache officially endorsed one product over many others.

But it can be done, you just need to ask about the right language and
place to do it.

Yoav

On Jan 11, 2008 5:25 AM, Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 10:02 +0000, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> > Are there any Apache rules about linking to commercial products?
> >
> > -- Rob
>
> Where can we get this type of info? Should we ask apache@apache.org ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Arnaud