Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Leigh Dodds <le...@ldodds.com> on 2013/09/05 17:58:30 UTC

Inconsistency between tdb:location and text:directory?

I have a fuseki configuration file which specifies a TDB dataset. The
dataset is kept on disk. I use tdb:location to specify the directory:

tdb:location "indexes/refdata" .

Fuseki reads this as relative to where I start the process.

I've just added a Lucene index and I have to specify the directory like this:

text:directory <indexes/lucene> .

The assembler requires a resource, a literal is only allowed if its
the value "mem". However the directory seems to be resolved relative
to the configuration file.

The result is that the application is using different base directories
for where the data lives.

This caught me out originally as Fuseki doesn't complain if the lucene
indexes are missing.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds
Freelance Technologist

Re: Inconsistency between tdb:location and text:directory?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 05/09/13 16:58, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> I have a fuseki configuration file which specifies a TDB dataset. The
> dataset is kept on disk. I use tdb:location to specify the directory:
>
> tdb:location "indexes/refdata" .
>
> Fuseki reads this as relative to where I start the process.
>
> I've just added a Lucene index and I have to specify the directory like this:
>
> text:directory <indexes/lucene> .
>
> The assembler requires a resource, a literal is only allowed if its
> the value "mem". However the directory seems to be resolved relative
> to the configuration file.
>
> The result is that the application is using different base directories
> for where the data lives.
>
> This caught me out originally as Fuseki doesn't complain if the lucene
> indexes are missing.
>
> Cheers,
>
> L.

Recorded as JENA-551