Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by nadeesha meththananda <ne...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/02 07:50:22 UTC

with regarding to the blog post reply done on [AnonymousJune 28, 2012 5:19 AM]

Hi Mike,

with regarding to the blog post reply done on [AnonymousJune 28, 2012 5:19
AM<http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2012/01/searching-relational-content-with.html?showComment=1340875174489#c5291567921882602934>
]
*""Hi Mike, *
*i have the smile problem in writing a search for relational data set. so
would u be able to give me a sample code of the working scenario. so i will
be able to get a exact idea hows the things to be implement(as i am new to
lucene this will help).""*
*
*

i have gone through the blog post
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2012/01/searching-relational-content-with.html?showComment=1340875174489#c5291567921882602934
and
i was trying to do a slimier activity. but unfortunately i am new to
 lucene. so i tried to implement  and see how the indexing and search
works. but still i could not get a proper out put of as i expect. so i am
worried if their is problem in the way i have created the index or some
problem in the way i search it. so i would be grateful if u have a
working coding sample to illustrate the above blog post.

Thanks
Nadeesha

Re: with regarding to the blog post reply done on [AnonymousJune 28, 2012 5:19 AM]

Posted by Kasun Perera <ka...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Nadeesha

If you want to try out how Lucene indexing and searching works, try this
simple tutorial http://oak.cs.ucla.edu/cs144/projects/lucene/index.html.
Download lucene-tutorial.zip<http://oak.cs.ucla.edu/cs144/projects/lucene/lucene-tutorial.zip>
file
there and try the code. I have tested it sometimes back and code worked for
me, but I think it needed Lucene-core-2.9.jar. Hope this helps.

I can't see any java code files in your attached ZIP file? it only contains
some text files

Regards

Kasun Perera

Posted by nadeesha meththananda <ne...@gmail.com>.